I chose to complete a Prezi for my second individual learning project. I am a social science education major and am particularly interested in geography, history, economics, and government. I chose to create a prezi about elementary geography. Andrew Woodle's Prezi
ELA technology standards are important in order to increase technological literacy in the classroom. One standard that I feel like I am ready to teach is the consumption of "use of multiple resources". This standard emphasizes the ability to gather relevant information from multiple resources, assess the credibly and reliability of each source, and avoid plagiarism. Students need to have the ability to integrate outside information in to their assignments. The ability to asses the credibility of sources will be incredibly important in a student's professional future as well. I feel like I am suited to teach this already because I have a lot of existing knowledge about this topic from years of lectures about plagiarism. One standard that I need more experience with is the production standard "write to explain and inform". This standard emphasizes the importance of using informative texts and graphics in order to assist students in understanding complex materials....
Technology has been integrated into the classroom at a rapidly increasing pace since its introduction. Educational technology influences teachers and students in vastly different ways. Technology mainly influences teachers because of third party influences. There are many councils that influence how teachers use technology in the classroom. The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is a major federal initiative to improve technological literacy in educators. Another major council is the Association for Educational Teacher Technology and Communications. The AECT is the oldest technological council for teachers. The ability to digitally plan lessons and use multimedia to improve learning is important as well. Technology influences students in slightly different ways. While students are greatly impacted by digital lesson plans and multimedia, the integration of computers in to the classroom has had a positive effect on learning. Assistive device technology is incredibly...
Comments
Post a Comment